New Features and Enhancements
- Composer by Edition and External Data
- If you have an Enterprise License, you can access and input credentials on the External Data Sources tab in the Composer Setup window. Business or Spark license users do not have access to the page.
- OData queries can be created in Composer with a filter value when a filter is present. The query does not appear in the View Data Workbook or Template Builder.
- Encrypted usernames and passwords are stored in the MySQL credentials table.
- API merge status updated
- The Merge Status Application Programming Interface (API) was updated to accommodate the changes in the Conga Response library.
- You can use any user interface page in Composer with OAuth
- You can set the Composer Region metadata setting to be North America (NA), European Union (EU) or Asian Pacific (AP or APAC) depending on your desired endpoint. The Composer Region metadata setting has a field to set the correct endpoint, visual force page, and connected app name. For more information on NA, EU and APAC migrations, see INTERNAL - Migrating Composer customers from NA to EU and APAC
- Conductor Launch buttons were updated to use OAuth
- There is a metadata setting called Conductor Region. You can select between NA, EU, and AP custom metadata settings. Conductor Region should have a field that set the correct endpoint, schedule or Launch, visual force page and connected app name.
- Conductor Scheduler application update
- When you create a Salesforce token, the Conga Scheduler Connected App is used. You can create, update and run schedules without Simple DB or error messages. NA users still have access to Simple DB.
Composer starts successfully in Salesforce Winter '18 orgs, where the Connected App is configured properly and there is a Conga Composer token included on the OAuth Connected apps related list of the user record.
Salesforce Production Org ID in Custom Settings is available for Sandbox enablement. When you refresh your sandbox, the subscription detail copies from Production to your Sandbox. You still need to contact support to extend access and enable Production features like Workflow and Conductor.
The Composer Quick Starts no longer creates duplicate Solution records in Salesforce with incorrect or duplicate parameters.
Conductor can send batches of documents to Google drive without errors or timeouts.
- When you click the Template Builder button, you no longer see an error. To avoid seeing the error, ensure you install the latest Composer managed package on the Salesforce Appexchange site. To install the latest managed package, see Install in Production or Sandbox.