A Novatus contract request can be made for a Salesforce Account or an Opportunity.
1. Log in to Salesforce.
2. In the App selection list, located in the upper right corner of the screen, change the default selection from Sales to Novatus.
3. Click the Novatus Contracts tab.
4. Click New.
5. Populate the required fields:
- Contract Name - enter a descriptive name for the contract request.
- Novatus Contract Type - click to open a Lookup window. Locate the contract type, and click on it to select it.
- Account Name - click , locate the account for the request, and click on it to select it.
If the contract request is for an Opportunity (or Lead) that arose from an existing Account, click in the Opportunity field, locate the opportunity, and click on it to select it.
- Term Type - select Auto-Renew, Fixed, or Perpetual.
6. Populate the known optional fields.
- Do Not populate the fields in the Novatus Request and Contract Statuses section since these fields are auto-populated by SalesConnect.
7. Click Save.
8. (Optional) When the screen refreshes, attach a document to your request:
- Scroll down to the Notes and Attachments section, and click Attach File.
- In the Attach File to Novatus Contract screen, follow the instructions to attach a file to the contract request.
9. Click Submit Request.
Once the contract is submitted, Novatus updates the contract’s status as it goes through the approval process. You can monitor your request from the Novatus Contracts Home page. The status of a request (Draft, Submitted, Pending, Accepted, or Declined) depends not only on the Contract Request type, but also its standing in the approval process. Depending on your Salesforce user permissions, you can edit a request with a status of Draft or Submitted if the approval process has not yet begun.