A Novatus contract request can be made for a Salesforce Account or an Opportunity.
- Change the view in any Salesforce screen from Sales to Novatus.
- Click on the Novatus Contracts tab.
- Enter a name for the request in the Contract Name field.
- Populate the Novatus Contract Type field using the Look Up icon.
- Populate the Account field using the Look Up icon to select the account for the request.
If the Contract Request is for an Opportunity (or Lead) that arose from an existing Account, select the account that is linked to the Opportunity, and then select the Opportunity in the Opportunity field.
- Select the Term Type for the contract.
- Populate the known optional fields. Set Request Status to if you are going to save the request and update later, or if you are ready to submit.
- Click Save.
Once the contract is submitted, Novatus updates the contract’s status as it goes through the approval process.
- In the next screen, click Attach File in the Notes and Attachments section if you want to upload a document for the request, and follow the onscreen prompts.
After you submit the contract request, you can view it from the Novatus Contracts Home screen. The status of a request (e.g., Draft, Submitted, Pending, Accepted, or Declined) depends not only on the Contract Request type, but also its standing in the approval process. Depending on your Salesforce user permissions, you can edit a request with a status of Draft or Submitted if the approval process has not yet begun.