A MS Word document can be updated using clauses from the Clause Library without running the Novatus program. Users with the Word Add-In Access permission, who have loaded the plug-in, can use the Document Assembly feature to update a document in Word by dragging-and-dropping clauses directly from the Novatus Clause Library into the document.
1. Open the MS Word document that needs to be updated with clauses from the Novatus Clause Library.
2. In the Conga Word Plugin section of the screen, enter your Novatus login name and password, and click Login.
3. In the request access window, click Allow.
4. When the window refreshes, enter the name of the clause you want to add to your document in the Search field and press ENTER.
5. When the matches for your clause display, locate the clause you want to add to your document.
6. In the Word document, position your cursor in the location you want to insert the clause.
7. In the Conga Word Plugin section of the screen, click on the clause, drag it into the Word document, and drop it onto the cursor.
8. In the Conga Word Plugin section of the screen, click the Settings link, and then click the Logout link in the Settings window to exit Novatus.
9. (Optional) Click to close the Conga Word Plugin section.
To reopen the section, click the Conga Novatus Word Plugin link in the toolbar to display the options for the plugin, and then click Hide/Show Clause Panel.
10. Click to save your Word document.