A MS Word document can be updated using clauses from the Clause Library without running the Novatus program. Users with the Word Add-In Access permission, who have loaded the plug-in, can use the Document Assembly feature to update a document in Word by dragging-and-dropping clauses directly from the Novatus Clause Library into the document.
1. Open the MS Word document that needs to be updated with clauses from the Novatus Clause Library.
2. In the Conga Word Plugin section of the screen, enter your Novatus login name and password, and click Login.
3. When the Plugin section of the screen refreshes, click Allow.
4. When the Plugin section of the screen refreshes a second time, enter the name of the clause you want to add to your document in the Search field and press ENTER.
5. When the matches for your clause display, locate the clause you want to add to your document.
6. In the Word document, position your cursor in the location you want to insert the clause.
7. In the Conga Word Plugin section of the screen, click on the clause, drag it into the Word document, and drop it onto the cursor.
8. Click the Conga Novatus Word Plugin tab to display the action buttons for the plugin.
- Hide/Show Clause Panel - toggles the display of the Conga Word Plugin section of the screen.
- Settings - updates the settings (URL) for the Clause Library.
- Logout - logs you out of Novatus.
9. Click to save your Word document.