The Document Packages feature is a powerful and comprehensive tool that assembles a team for the purpose of performing a specific task, such as negotiating the terms of a contract. The team has exclusive access to the document package, which houses one or more contract documents, and can perform activities related to these documents. The members of the team, which includes an Administrator of the package, communicate with one another via email messages sent from Novatus. If a member is not a Novatus user, they can participate in the package via the Novatus Portal. Once the contract has been finalized, the eSignature Package Wizard can be run to submit the final contract for electronic signature.
- A program user adds a document package to the Contract Profile using a wizard.
- Document Package Wizard - use if a contract is still being negotiated and documents need to be checked in and out for revisions before arriving at the final document.
- eSignature Package Wizard - use if the contract has been finalized and you want to submit the document for electronic signature. The wizard locks all the documents in the document package so they cannot be edited.
- After a user runs one of the wizards and selects the Administrators, program users, and external participants for the document package, each person receives email notification that they have been invited to be a member of the document package.
- Program users and Administrators perform tasks related to the documents in the package from both the Document Packages browse screen and the Document Package Profile. Most tasks are available from the Document Packages or the eSignature Packages portlets in the Dashboard.
- External participants and company contacts perform tasks related to the documents in the package via the Novatus Portal.
Document Packages Browse Tasks
Administrators and members of the package can perform the following tasks from the Document Packages browse screen:
- View the existing document packages for a contract
- Create a document package using the Document Packages Wizard
- Link to document package from email message
- Check documents in and out of the package
- Lock and unlock documents in the package
- Mark a document in the package as complete
- Download a document from the package
- Compare document revisions in the package
- View the revision history of a document
- Delete a document from the package
- Manage the types of emails you receive about the document package
- Manage the members of the document package
- Submit a document for electronic signature
- Mark a document package as complete
- Delete a document package
Document Packages Profile Tasks
Administrators and members of the package can perform the following tasks from the Document Packages Profile:
The following tasks can be performed for a document that is submitted for eSignature from a document package, as well as a document that is submitted for eSignature after running the eSignature Package Wizard:
- Revise the envelope prior to submission
- Revise the envelope after submission
- Track a document submitted for electronic signature
- Resubmit a request for electronic signature
- Reassign a signatory
- Sign a document Electronically in the Cloud
- Sign a document Electronically in Novatus
- Add a witness to the eSignature process
- Assign a witness (reassign signatory)
- Witness a document
- Void an envelope
The "envelope" is the email message that contains the document that is to be signed electronically, and is sent to the signatories, as well as the other recipients, who are participating in the electronic signing process.