When a relationship between two companies is captured, you can review the information surrounding the relationship from the Relationship Profile in either Company Profile. You can also identify companies that have relationships by running a search query.
Relationship Profile - Company Profile
1. Open the Company Profile containing the Relationship Profile you want to review.
2. In the Company Profile, click the Relationships link in the Links section of the screen.
Relationship Profile - Search Query
1. Click Search in the Navigation Toolbar, and select the Search Query link in the menu.
2. In the Query Info view of the screen, click New in the toolbar.
3. When the screen refreshes, set up the Company→Relationship hierarchy as the primary data set for the search:
- Click in Result Type list and click the icon to the left of the Company folder, and then scroll down and click the Relationship folder.
4. In the Criteria section, define the search for all company relationships or only those with a specific type of relationship:
- Use Relationship Type as the search field to locate all companies with a Relationship Profile:
- Use Relationship Type as the search field to locate only companies with a parent, child, or related relationship type:
- Click in the field list to enable it, and then click the icon to the left of the Company folder. Scroll down to the Relationship folder and click the icon to the left of the folder, and then scroll down and click the Relationship Type folder.
- Click in the inclusion list and select In.
- Click in the value list and select Parent Of, Child Of, or Relates To.
5. Click Execute in the toolbar to run the query.
6. When the Results view of the screen displays, click a search record to display its Company Profile.
7. In the Company Profile, click the Relationships link in the Links section of the screen.
8. In the Relationships browse screen, click on a relationship record to display its Company Relationship Profile.