A user with the appropriate permissions can add a contact person to a company from two locations: Person browse screen in your MyPlace menu, or the People browse screen in a Company Profile. They must be a Full user and hold a role with full access to the company group to which the Company Profile belongs.
1. Open the Company Profile that needs the company contact.
2. In the Links section of the Company Profile, click the People link.
3. In the People browse screen, click Add Person in the toolbar.
4. When the screen refreshes, create a Person Profile for a company contact:
- Populate the required fields.
- In the Functions list, click on all the functions that the person can have in Novatus.
- Click on a selected function to deselect it.
- (Optional) Populate the remaining fields.
In entering a phone number, enter the area code, followed by the phone number, such as 407-555-3770 or (407) 555-3770. To enter an extension, enter an "x" followed by the extension number, such as 407-555-3770 x47. If you incorrectly enter a phone number, the Phone Number Entry window displays to assist you.
- Click Save.
Person Browse Screen - My Place Menu
1. Click on MyPlace in the Navigation Toolbar.
2. In the My Place menu, click the People link.
3. In the Person Browse screen, click Add Company Person in the toolbar.
4. In the New Company Person window:
- Click in the Company Name field to display a searchable list of existing companies.
- Locate a company by entering the first few characters of the company name in the Search field, and clicking .
- Click on the company name to select it.
- Click Submit.
- When the Company Profile displays for the selected company, follows Steps 4-7 above in Person Browse Screen - Company Profile.
- Click the New Company link to add a new Company Profile for the company contact.
- In the New Company Entry screen, populate the required fields, and click Save.
- Follow Steps 2 - 7 above in Person Browse Screen - Company Profile.