The Report Wizard is an easy and fool-proof way to create a fully customized report since the wizard walks you through each step of the process. The wizard generates a comprehensive report and allows you to select both primary and secondary reporting options, group report findings by categories, customize the display of the report, and print the report as either a PDF file or Excel spreadsheet.
1. Click Reports in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Reports link.
2. Click New Report in the toolbar, or click New Report Types and select the Regular Report link in the menu.
3. In the Report Wizard, click Next in the Welcome step.
The steps below show how to create a report showing contracts with more than two parties. The report includes basic information for the contract, such as the contract number, contract type and agreement type, term type, effective and expiration dates, as well as the company name and the additional company name(s). The report is filtered by contract status and is also linked to an additional form, which provides information on any attorney fees associated with negotiating and finalizing the contract.
4. In the Select Report Type step, select Contract in the Primary list, and Additional Parties in the Secondary list.
The Secondary list is used to create a narrow report since the selections in this list correspond to system fields, additional fields, and linked items in a Contract or Company Profile, such as Documents, Events, and Tasks. Clauses is a secondary option that reports on the clauses stored in your Clause Library, including the clause text, type, and revision number, as well as whether or not the clause reflects the standard contract language and whether or not it is the latest version of the clause.
5. Enter a name for the report in the Report Name field, and click Next.
6. (Optional) Provide a concise description of the report in the Description field.
7. In the Report Field Selection step, add fields to the report by double-clicking on a field in the Field Selection section to add it to the Fields Selected section. Click Next.
- To change the order of the columns in the report, click on the field you want to move until the prompt displays, and then drag and drop the field up or down in the list.
Fields are grouped into categories, such as Company Fields and Contract Fields. The list of available fields includes (1) the fields in the default Profile screen of the Primary entity and any additional fields added the Profile (2) the fields in the default Profile screen for the Secondary entity and any additional fields added the Profile, and (3) the fields in the single-use additional forms for the Primary entity.
8. In the Report Grouping step, locate the field that you want "grouped" on the report, such as Company Name, and double-click on it. Click Next.
9. (Optional) In the Report Record Ordering step, change the order of the columns in the report, and click Next.
- Double-click on a field in the Order Selection list to add it to the Order Selected list, adding the fields in the order you want them displayed in the report.
10. (Optional) In the Report Column Editor step, adjust the width of the columns to accommodate the data in your report by clicking in a Report Column Width field and typing over the existing value. Click Next.
- If you used the grouping option (Step 8), the field you chose to group by has no value since it displays as a header in the report.
11. (Optional) In the Report Aggregate step:
- Select a check box for a numeric field whose value you want to aggregate or perform a calculation. The options for each numeric field are:
- Sum - calculates a total of all values in the field.
- Avg. - calculates the average of the values for the field.
- Min. - displays field values in ascending order.
- Max. - displays field values in descending order.
- Select a check box for the Record Count to perform an aggregation on the total number of records in the report, and click Next.
12. (Optional) In the Report Filters step, click the Show All Records check box to display all report results, or click Add Filter to filter report results. In this example, we are filtering by contracts with a status of Active, In Process, or Negotiation.
- Select Contract Status in the Field list.
- Select Is in the Condition list.
- Select Active, In Process, and Negotiation in the Value list.
- Click Next.
If the filter for a report is a date, the options are:
- Before - select a date in the Value field to filter items prior to a specific date.
- On - select a date in the Value field to filter items on a specific date.
- After - select a date in the Value field to filter items after a specific date.
- Is Null - filters by items whose date field is not populated.
- Not Null - filters by items whose date field is populated with any date.
- Greater than today + (x) days - filters by a flexible future date. For example, if today is March 31, 2017 and you want to filter by dates from April 1, 2017 – June 30, 2017, you would enter 91 in the Value field since there are 91 days in those three months, and the date greater than today is April 1, which is a day included in the 91-day timeframe.
- Less than today + (x) days - filters by a flexible past date. For example, if today is January 1, 2017 and you want to filter by dates for the previous year, you would enter 365 in the Value field since there are 365 days in a year, and the date less than today is December 31, which is a day included in the previous year.
13. In the Save Report step, click Finish.