A popular use of search queries is to locate all the documents uploaded to a Contract Profile or a Company Profile. Once the search is run, you can use the Bulk Download Document option to export all the documents returned by the search to a single zip file.
The search query below will locate all documents stored in the Granick Contract Profiles.
1. Click Search in the Navigation Toolbar, and select the Search Query link in the menu.
2. In the Query Info view of the screen, click New in the toolbar.
3. When the screen refreshes, set up the Company→Contract→Document hierarchy as the primary data set for the search:
- Click in Result Type list and click the icon to the left of the Company folder. Scroll down to the Contract folder and click its icon, and then scroll down and click the Document folder.
- (Optional) Select the All Top Entity Records check box to expand your search results to include records that match all levels of the hierarchy in the Result Type list (Company, Contract, and Document). Clear the check box to include only records that match the second (and lower) levels (Contract and Document).
4. In the Criteria section, define the criteria for the document search:
- Identify the company:
- Click to provide additional criteria and limit search results. (Use to expand search results.)
- Identify the documents to include in the search:
- In the criteria list, scroll down past the Company and Contract folders to the Document folder (for contracts) and click its icon, and then click the Document Type folder.
- In the inclusion list, select Not Null to include all documents stored in the Contract Profile since Document Type is a required field, and therefore, all uploaded documents must be assigned a document type.
5. Click Execute in the toolbar to run the query.
6. In the Results view of the screen, review the search results.
To redisplay the criteria for the search, click the Query Info header at the top of the screen. To redisplay the results, click the Results header at the bottom of the screen.
7. (Optional) Customize the display of the search results:
- Hover over a column heading until the icon displays, and click on it to open the Sort/Column menu. Click Columns to display a list of available fields, and select the fields you want displayed by clicking in the check box to the left of the field.
- Sort the information in a column in ascending or descending order by clicking (toggling) on the column heading.
- Resize a column by hovering over the right or left border of the column heading until the resize icon appears. Then, click and drag the border to the desired width.
- Move a column to a different location in the Results screen by clicking on the column heading and dragging it to the left or right, dropping it in the desired location. When the icon displays, you are successfully moving the column.
8. Download the documents in the Results screen by clicking the Bulk Download Documents link.
- Click on the zip file that is downloaded to your PC.
- Open the zip file to extract the individual documents.
9. (Optional) Export the search results to an editable spreadsheet by clicking the Export to Excel link.
10. (Optional) Run an advanced report on the search results by clicking the Run Advanced Report link.
11. (Optional) Save the search query for future use:
- Click Save Query in the toolbar.
- In the Save Search Query prompt:
- Enter a name for the search in the Filter Name field.
- Enter a comprehensive description of the search in the Description field.
- Click Save.