Novatus allows you to perform three types of searches from the Navigation Toolbar using the Search option:
- Basic Search to search for a single keyword or phrase. There are two versions of a basic search, and the version you have depends on a selection made by your Administrator:
- Classic Search – Names, keywords, values, and text strings can be searched and results are grouped by Contract, Company, and Document Profiles with links to the associated profiles.
- Elastic Search – Boolean operands can be used and search results are displayed in a format similar to Internet search engine results.
- Search Query to perform a search using multiple criteria. Once a search query is saved, you can perform the following tasks:
- Sharing a Saved (Global) Search Query with other program users by making it a global search query.
- Updating a Search Query to edit the criteria and descriptors for the saved search query.
- Deleting a Search Query if it is no longer relevant.
You can also perform:
- Document Search to search for one or more documents stored in Novatus. The Document Search is not available as a separate option if your company is using the Elastic Search feature, which displays results found in Document Profiles, as well as Company and Contract Profiles.
- Popular search, which locates and identifies all the documents stored in the Contract and/or Company Profiles for a specific company (or several companies) by running a profile documents search and then bulk downloading the documents.