A self-service contract request is a special type of request, which does not require the approval of a Novatus program user. You simply submit the request, and Novatus automatically creates a Contract Profile for the request. If the self-service request type template is linked to the Creation Wizard, the wizard will generate the contract document once you provide the required information and submit the request, and the document will be added to the Contract Profile.
The procedure below outlines the steps for requesting a self-service contract using an enhanced template. The procedure is similar, but not identical, to the procedure for requesting a self-service contract using a legacy template.
1. Click MyPlace in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Requests link.
2. In the My Requests screen, click New Request in the toolbar.
3. In the Select a Request Type window, locate the self-service contract request you want to make, and click on it to select it.
4. When the My Requests screen redisplays, a numbered self-service request with sections, sub-sections, and editable fields displays:
- In the Company Name section, begin typing the first few letters of the company name into the blank field to display a list of possible matches. Click on a match to select it and populate the field. You can also click in the list to display the Select a Company window to search all companies in Novatus. Enter the first few characters of the company identifier in the Search field, and click .
- If the company is not listed, enter the full company name into the field to add the company.
- In each request type form section, populate the fields.
- (Optional) In the Documents sub-section of a request type form, click to upload a document file to the request form.
A self-service contract request is typically linked to the Creation Wizard so that the contract document is automatically generated using the information you provide. The generated contract is stored in the Contract Profile that is created once you submit the request.
- (Optional) If the contract request requires you to provide additional information, one or more fields display under a gray header that bears the name of the additional form linked to the contract request. Populate the required and optional fields.
- (Optional) Click the Add Additional [Form Name] Form link to insert a duplicate copy of the additional form into the contract request. This option allows you to provide information for a recurring contract provision or event.
5. Click Submit Request.
If you are not ready to submit the request, click Save as Draft (enhanced request) or Cancel (legacy request) and return to the contract request at a later time from your My Requests screen by clicking the icon. You can also monitor the progress of submitted request from your My Requests screen.
Once you have submitted the contract request, return to your My Requests browse screen and locate the Self-Service request, which should have a status of Accepted. Select the icon for the request to display the Contract Profile screen, and view the captured information. Click the Documents link in the Profile to view any documents that were created by the self-service request. If there is a flow associated with the type of contract you just created, the first stage and first step in the flow display at the top of the Profile screen.