The Contract Request feature allows users who do not have permissions to add a contract to Novatus to create and submit a request for a contract. A contract request is normally reviewed and approved (or declined) by a user who has approval authority. Once the request is approved, a Contract Profile is automatically created and any documents attached to the request are stored in the Profile.
A Self Service contract request is a special type of request that does not require approval. Therefore, a Self Service contract request automatically creates a Contract Profile as soon as it it submitted. Like other approved contract requests, any documents attached to the Self Service request are stored in the Profile.
Using the Contract Request feature, you can:
- Locate the contract requests you have made, and monitor their status.
- Make an enhanced contract request or a legacy contract request. Typically, an enhanced request is comprised of more than one document, such as a Master Agreement with a Schedule, and a legacy request is comprised of a single document, or if the template used in making the contract request was created prior to Release 6.1.
- Request a Self Service contract
- Copy a contract request
- Edit a contract request
- Cancel submission of a contract request
- Resubmit a contract request
- Delete a contract request