The contract clauses that can be accessed from your Clause Browse screen reflect the alternative language that is at your disposal when you create, manage, or negotiate your company's contracts. From the browse screen, you can view the text for a clause in its entirety, along with other key information, including the clause's type, description, and security level. The security level assigned to a clause (low, medium, or high security) determines the alternative contract language that is available to you based on your user role in Novatus.
The default grouping of clauses in your clause library is by category, but you can change the way your clauses are grouped.
1. Click MyPlace in the Navigation Toolbar.
2. In the My Place menu, click the Clauses link.
3. In the Clause Browse screen, locate the clause using the available options:
- Search for a clause by entering the clause name, or other identifier, in the Search field and clicking .
- Group the clauses by clause name, type, or security level.
- Scroll through the list.
4. Click the icon for a clause to display its text. To hide the text, click the icon.
The and icons are also used to display/hide a group of clauses.
5. (Optional) Manage the display of information in the screen:
- Update the columns that display using the Sort/Column menu.
- Group or remove the grouping option to display clauses
- Reorder and resize the columns to manage the display of information in the browse screen.
- Sort the data in a column by clicking (toggling) on a column heading.