The contract clauses that can be accessed from your Clause Browse screen reflect the alternative language that is at your disposal when you create, manage, or negotiate your company's contracts. From the browse screen, you can view the text for a clause in its entirety, along with other key information, including the clause's type, description, and security level. The security level assigned to a clause (low, medium, or high security) determines the alternative contract language that is available to you based on your user role in Novatus.
The default grouping of clauses in your clause library is by category, but you can change the way your clauses are grouped.
1. Click My Place in the Navigation Toolbar to display the menu, and then click the Clauses link.
2. In the Clause Browse screen, locate the clause using the available options:
- Search for a clause by entering the clause name, or the first word in the body of the clause, in the Search field and clicking .
- If you do not know the full name of the clause, add a leading wild card (asterisk) to your search criteria. For example, entering *performance in the Search field returns all clauses with the word "performance" in its name or the body of the clause.
- To search for any clause containing a specific word or phrase, add a leading wild card to your search criteria. For example, entering *installment payments in the Search field returns all clauses containing this phrase in the body of the clause or in its name.
- To perform a Boolean search and locate a specific clause, use two instances of a leading wild card and a word or name. For example, enter *Governing *Texas in the Search field returns only the clauses that deal with governing law for Texas.
- Group the clauses by clause name, type, or security level.
- Scroll through the list.
3. Click the icon for a clause to display its text. To hide the text, click the icon.
The icons are also used to display/hide a group of clauses.
4. Click on the clause record to display the Clause Profile.
5. (Optional) Manage the display of information in the screen:
- Update the columns that display using the Sort/Column menu.
- Group or remove the grouping option to display clauses
- Reorder and resize the columns to manage the display of information in the browse screen.
- Sort the data in a column by clicking (toggling) on a column heading.