There are several integration settings in Novatus that work in conjunction with DocuSign or Adobe Sign to control the eSignature process, as well as the final document generated after electronic signatures have been obtained from all signatories.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the System Settings link.
2. In the System Settings screen, click the Integration Settings tab.
3. (Optional) Click the eSignature Settings tab.
4. Set the default settings for the eSignature process:
- Use Templates Only - Select if users must use a template to identify the signatories (and any recipients) for a contract when running the eSignature Package Wizard. This option restricts signatories and recipients to those whose email addresses are listed in the Address Book.
- Allow Advanced Templates and Actions - Select to give users access to the advanced features offered by DocuSign when running the eSignature Package Wizard.
- Automatically Complete eSignature Packages - Select to allow Novatus to automatically "complete" the document packages that are created when the eSignature Package Wizard is run, and all eSignatures have been obtained on the contract documents. When this check box is selected, one of the following options can be selected:
- Retain Original Document Type - Select if the document being sent for electronic signature should retain its original document type when saved as the fully executed document in the Contract Profile.
- Default Document Type for Signed Documents - Make a selection in the list to identify the document type that should be used for the fully executed document that is stored in the Contract Profile.
- Suppress Novatus eSignature Complete Email - Select to stop the emails that emanate from Novatus after the eSignature process is complete, and the document package is closed.
- Close eSignature Package When Declined - Select to allow Novatus to automatically:
- Move a contract flow to the next step when the eSignature Package Wizard is a step in the flow and any signatory selects the Decline option when requested to provide their electronic signature.
- Close the document package that is created when the eSignature Package Wizard is run, and any signatory selects the Decline option when requested to provide their electronic signature.
5. Click Save.