The Bulk Data Upload feature can be used to simultaneously add the same completed additional form to several Company Profiles or Contract Profiles. This is accomplished using a template for the Additional Form, which can be downloaded from the Bulk Data Upload Tool screen.
The downloaded template bears the name of the Additional Form, and the fields in the template match the fields in the additional form. For an Additional Contract Form, the template also includes a Contract Number Lookup field to identify the Contract Profile where the additional form should be added. Similarly, for an Additional Company Form, the template also includes a Company Number Lookup field and a Company Name Lookup field, and either one can be populated to identify the Company Profile where the additional form should be added.
Once you add all the form data to the template, you must then upload the completed template back to the Bulk Data Upload Tool screen.
During the upload process, the fields in the template are mapped to the fields in the Additional Form and the data is validated to ensure there are no errors. A successful bulk data upload results in several additional forms being added to Contract Profiles or Company Profiles.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Bulk Data Upload Tool link.
2. In the Bulk Data Upload Tool screen, select the name of the Additional Form in the Object Type list.
3. In the File Select screen, click in the Data Loader Import File field to open a window that allows you to navigate to the additional form template. Click on the template to select it, and click Open.
4. Click Continue to Mapping in the toolbar.
5. In the Field Mapping screen, verify that all the field names in your Excel spreadsheet exactly match the Novatus system fields.
- If there is a field in Excel Column Header column that is not mapped to a field in the System Field Name column, click the Cancel button to reverse the upload, correct the column heading in your spreadsheet, and then re-upload the file to avoid an Error Report.
- If there is a mis-match between any two fields, which is due to a typo in the name of a column heading in your Excel spreadsheet, click in the System Field Name column to activate the list, and manually map the fields by selecting the correct field name.
6. Click Validate Excel Data in the toolbar.
If Novatus is unable to match a column heading in your Excel spreadsheet to a system field, or match a data entry in the spreadsheet to an item selection in a system field list, an Error Report screen displays. Novatus pinpoints the exact error by identifying the mis-matched field, or the inability to locate an item selection for a field list, and also provides the Excel spreadsheet row in which the error is located. Correct the error and repeat the process of uploading the template.
7. In the Review Data screen, verify the contract data to be bulk uploaded, and click Import Data.
8. When the Import Complete prompt displays, click OK.
9. In the Imported Records Report screen, the number of imported records is displayed as the first import record at the top of the list, along with a time stamp for the import.
- To reverse the data upload process, click and follow the onscreen prompts.
10. (Optional) Confirm the upload by searching for the new additional forms that were added to the individual Company or Contract Profiles in the profile's Additional Forms screen.