Once you download the company template, and add all the company data to the template, you must then upload the completed template back to the Bulk Data Upload Tool screen. The Mark as Legal Entity field in the template is an optional field, which you can leave blank, or populate with True or False, depending on whether or not the company can be a party to a legally binding contract document.
During the upload process, the fields in the template are mapped to the fields in the Company Profile screen and the data is validated to ensure there are no errors. A successful bulk data upload results in multiple Company Profiles being added to Novatus with the fields in the Profile screen automatically populated with data from the template.
If you are uploading several contracts for a company that already has an existing Company Profile in Novatus, you can skip Company Bulk Data Uploading and proceed to Contract Bulk Data Uploading.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Bulk Data Upload Tool link.
2. In the Bulk Data Upload Tool screen, select Company in the Object Type list.
3. In the File Select screen, click in the Data Loader Import File field to open a window that allows you to navigate to the company template. Click on the template to select it, and click Open.
4. Click Continue to Mapping in the toolbar.
5. In the Field Mapping screen, verify that all the field names in your Excel spreadsheet exactly match the Novatus system fields.
- If there is a field in Excel Column Header column that is not mapped to a field in the System Field Name column, click the Cancel button to reverse the upload, correct the column heading in your spreadsheet, and then re-upload the file to avoid an Error Report.
- If there is a mis-match between any two fields, which is due to a typo in the name of a column heading in your Excel spreadsheet, click in the System Field Name column to activate the list, and manually map the fields by selecting the correct field name.
6. Click Validate Excel Data in the toolbar.
If Novatus is unable to match a column heading in your Excel spreadsheet to a system field, or match a data entry in the spreadsheet to an item selection in a system field list, an Error Report screen displays. Novatus pinpoints the exact error by identifying the mis-matched field, or the inability to locate an item selection for a field list, and also provides the Excel spreadsheet row in which the error is located. Correct the error and repeat the process of uploading the template.
7. In the Review Data screen, verify the company data to be bulk uploaded, and click Import Data.
8. When the Import Complete prompt displays, click OK.
9. In the Data Loader Imported Records screen, the number of imported records is displayed as the first import record at the top of the list, along with a time stamp for the import.
- To reverse the data upload process, click and follow the onscreen prompts.
10. (Optional) Confirm the upload by searching for the new Company Profiles that were created using the Search feature in the All Companies browse screen.