An Administrator can perform an advanced edit by replacing the data in any of the fields in the Contract Profile or Company Profile screens. The feature is also used to make program-wide edits to the fields in contract and company task records, as well as the fields in contract and company event records.
Administrators should take care in performing an advanced edit since it cannot be undone. However, an advanced edit can be overwritten by creating a second advanced edit that reverses the original edit.
An employee (Trung Luu), who was responsible for monitoring contract events, has left the company. The man who replaced him (Marcus Boykin) needs to be identified as the person who will receive all future event alerts for contract expiration dates, and other contracted-related events.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Advanced Edit link.
2. In the Data Filter screen, select Contract Events in the Section list.
- Select Event Notification Person in the field list.
- Select Contains in the inclusion list.
- Select Luu Trung in the value list.
3. In the Replacement section of the screen, select Event Notification Person in the Field list.
- Select Replace in the inclusion list.
- Select Luu Trung in the first value list.
- Select Boykin, Marcus in the second value list.
4. Click Submit.
The options in a value list will vary based on the type of field selected in the Field list. Also, the inclusion list will not display when the Field and value lists are sufficient in defining the criteria.
To add additional criteria for an advanced edit, click to decrease the number of data fields that are affected by the edit, or click to expand the number of data fields that are affected by the edit. To add additional replacement criteria, click . To delete a criteria record, click .