The Copy feature is a quick and easy way to create a new routing table using an existing, similar routing table. Once you create the duplicate routing table, you can make edits to the user functions that approve Gateway steps and/or re-order the approval sequence, and update its restrictions.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Workflow link.
2. In the Workflows menu, click Routing Tables.
3. In the Routing Tables browse screen, click New in the toolbar.
4. In the Routing Table Edit screen, click Copy in the toolbar.
5. In the Copy Routing Table prompt:
- Make a selection in the Copy Routing Table list.
- Click Copy.
6. When the screen refreshes, displaying the copied routing table:
- Enter a descriptive name for the routing table in the Name field.
- Verify the selection in the Category field to categorize the routing table.
When a user runs the Workflow Wizard, all the routing tables in a category are available for selection in a Gateway step when the step in the Workflow Template is associated with the Routing Table category.
- (Optional) Enter a description of the routing table in the Description field so that its purpose is easily distinguishable from other routing tables.
7. (Optional) In the Routing Table Behavior section of the screen, change the selection to update the way Novatus handles Gateway steps for the routing table.
- Standard - select if all approvers listed in the routing table must approve the step to complete it. Novatus sends consecutive emails messages as each user approves the step. However, if any user declines approval, the other users are notified that the step was not completed.
- Parallel - select if all approvers listed in the routing table must approve the step to complete it. Novatus sends email notifications to all approvers at the same time.
- Parallel Single - select if only one of the approvers listed in the routing table must approve the step to complete it. Novatus sends email notifications to all approvers at the same time, but as soon as one user approves/declines the step, the other approvers are notified by email.
8. Make the appropriate edits to the new routing table, including the restrictions for using it.
9. Click Save.