Users with the Workflow Admin permission can edit a workflow template in several ways. They can change its name and description, add and delete steps, edit existing steps, and change the restrictions to control when and how the template is used to create a workflow using the Workflow Wizard.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Workflow link.
2. In the Workflows menu, click Workflow Templates.
3. In the Workflow Templates browse screen, locate the template you want to edit, and click on it to select it.
4. In the Workflow Template Edit screen, you can edit:
- Template Name and Template Description fields to clarify the use of the template when users run the Workflow Wizard.
- Steps in the template, which include:
- Adding and/or deleting steps.
- Reordering the steps in the template.
- Updating a step type, name, and description.
- Updating the user function(s) required for an Action, Communication, or Simple Gateway step, which changes the role(s) a user must have in order to complete the step.
- Changing the routing table used for a Gateway step, which updates the list of users who must approve the step.
- Updating the prerequisite step(s) for an Action or Communication step.
- Updating the declined/approved steps for a Gateway or Simple Gateway step to identify the steps that must be repeated/performed next.
- Restrictions and properties for the template.
For more information, see Adding a Workflow Template.