Users with the Profile Rule Admin permission can add a profile rule to a contract request type template to auto-populate a field, disable/enable a field, and make a field required/optional based on the way in which a user populates another field while making a contract request. Profile Rule Admins can also hide an additional form linked to a request type template, or hide an additional field added to the template, so that it does not display when the user makes a request using the template.
1. Locate the request type bundle, and click the tab to the right of the Bundle Configuration tab.
- The name of the tab will vary since it reflects the name the Administrator provided in the Request Name field when designing the request form.
2. When the screen refreshes, click the Profile Rules tab.
3. In the Rules section, click Add Rule to display a blank rule record.
- Populate the Rule Name and Rule Description fields.
4. In the Conditions section, click Add Condition to display three fields used to define a condition for the rule.
- Field - select a field to define the rule,
- Ensure the field is designated as required in the contract request type.
- Operation - select the appropriate option:
- In to specify a value or text
- Not In to exclude a value or text
- Null to identify an unpopulated field
- Not Null to identify a field populated with any data
- Value - make a selection in the list to complete the condition.
- If the Value component is a field rather than a list, enter text or a number in the field. If it is a multi-select list, click on additional items to define all the items that will be affected by the rule.
A single profile rule can contain multiple conditions and multiple actions for a condition.
5. In the Actions section, click Add Action to display three fields used to define the system action that you want to occur if the user meets the condition(s) of the rule.
- Action Type - make a selection in the list to identify the system action.
- Field - select the field for the action specified in the Action Type list.
- Value - enter text or a value to define the parameter for the action if the field is enabled.
- The field is enabled only if you select Default Value, Force Value, or Calculate Field in the Action Type list.
- The field is disabled for the other system actions: Enable/Disable Field, Require/Unrequire Field, and Hide/Unhide Field, Request, and Dynamic Object.
To hide one of the forms a user must complete when making a contract request, you can select the action that hides the form based on a condition, such as the user selecting a specific agreement type during the contract request process. In this example, you would select Agreement Type in the Field list, In in the Operation list, and Amendment in the Value list. To hide one of the forms in the request type bundle when the user indicates the contract request is for an Amendment to a contract, select Hide Request in the Action list and select the form (Professional Services Schedule) in the Field list.
6. Click the Bundle Configuration tab.
7. Click Save.
Other tasks related to a contract request type are adding restrictions to control when the template is available to a user making a contract request, linking the template to an existing additional form to capture additional information, as well as reorder the sequencing of the forms, and adding forms to the template for contracts that contain multiple document types. For contract requests that do not need approval, you can designate the request type template as Self-Service.