An additional form is an Administrator-created form that contains one or more fields and lists, which are designed to capture information for a company, contract, or project. Users with the Additional Forms Admin permission also link the form to specific Company, Contract, or Project Profiles so that when a user adds a profile that matches the restrictions specified in the additional form, the form is available for completion in the Additional Forms screen in the profile. If the Additional Forms Admin designates a form as required, users are prompted to complete the form every time a profile matching the restrictions in the form is created or opened.
An additional field is an Administrator-designed field or list that is added to the default Company, Contract, or Project Profile screens to capture standard information that is not captured by the default Novatus profile.
Field Types for Additional Forms and Fields
The following types of fields can be added to an additional form or field:
- Text (256 characters or less) and Long Text (up to 40 pages)
- Date (e.g., start and end dates)
- Number (whole numbers only; no decimals or fractions)
- Currency (both dollars and cents)
- Hyperlink (allows users to provide a URL or Administrators to furnish a default URL)
- GIS Geometry (visual representation of location data). Administrators can provide the coordinates for the location of a company or an individual, and when the user clicks on the field, a map displays showing the location.
Field List Types for Additional Forms and Fields
The following types of field lists can be added to an additional form and an additional field:
- Combo List (users can select one option)
- Multi-select List (users can select more than one option)
- Linked Fields (combo list can be linked to either a linked combo field or a linked multi-select field). Administrators associate the individual values in a combo list with corresponding values in a linked field list so that when the user makes a selection in the combo list, the system automatically provides the user with options, based on their selection.
- Tree Field (hierarchy of information). Administrators can set up a hierarchy of text/values that can be used to organize and store several options for a single field. For example, a tree field can include a hierarchy with a top level of Division, and a secondary hierarchical level of Departments. Once the user select a division, a sub-folder displays with a list of departments within the division.
- Person Field. The user functions that Administrators have added to Novatus Contracts display as item selections when an Administrator sets up the Person Field. The Administrator must then select a single function for the list that will be used in the additional form or profile. When a user views the list in an additional form or in the Additional Fields section of a Contract, Company, or Project Profile, the user function is translated into the names of the people who hold that function in Novatus Contracts.
Additional Form Admins can perform the following tasks associated with additional forms in the Additional Form Admin Browse screen:
- Add an Additional Company Form
- Add an Additional Contract Form
- Add an Additional Project Form
- Edit an Additional Form after Locating the Additional Form
- Hide Fields in an Additional Form
Additional Form Admins can perform the following tasks associated with additional fields in the Additional Form Admin Browse screen: