When an Administrator adds an additional field list to the default Contract, Company, or Project Profile screen, they must also add the items selections for the list since the Additional Fields and Lists feature work together.
There are six types of lists that Administrators can add to a Profile screen:
- Combo List - a list of items that allows the user to select one item in the list.
- Multi-select List - a list of items that allows the user to select more than one item in the list.
- Linked Combo Field - a set of list items that correspond to each selection in a combo list is created so that when a user makes a selection in the list, the options in the linked combo field are limited to those defined by the Administrator. Users can make only on selection in the linked combo field.
- Linked Multi-select Field - a set of list items that correspond to each selection in a combo list is created so that when a user makes a selection in the list, the options in the linked multi-select field are limited to those defined by the Administrator. Users can make more than one selection in the linked multi-select field.
- Tree field - a hierarchy of list items is created, allowing users to drill down one or more levels and select the most appropriate option at each level.
- Person Field - a system-generated list that requires an Administrator to create all the functions that users, company contacts, and external participants will need in Novatus. Once the functions are defined, the Administrator adds the Person Field to an additional Company, Contract, or Project form, and selects one user function. When a user populates the field, the selected user function is replaced with the names of all the people who can perform this function.
The steps below show how to add a list item to a combo list or a multi-select list that has been added as an additional field to a Contract Profile. The steps are the same to add an additional field to a Company Profile or a Project Profile by making the appropriate substitution. You can also add list items for a tree field, person field, and linked fields added to a Company, Contract, or Project Profile screen.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Lists links.
The screen displays an alphabetical listing of categories (Company, Contract, Address, Clause, Document, Global Translation, People, Project, Relationship, and Workflow). Additional forms are listed alphabetically as categories. Additional fields are listed under the categories: Company Additional Fields, Contract Additional Fields, and Project Additional Fields.
2. In the List Administration screen, scroll through the categories in the Fields List section, and locate the Contract Additional Fields category.
- To add an additional field for a Company Profile, locate the Company Additional Fields category. To add an additional field for a Project Profile, locate the Project Additional Fields category.
3. Locate the field list that needs the list items, and click on it to select it. A canvas for adding items to the list displays in the right side of the screen.
4. (Optional) Clear the Alphabetical check box if you want the items to appear in the list in the order in which you add them.
5. Click Add in the toolbar to add a blank record.
6. In the New Item record, click on the New Item text to enable the field, and enter the name of an item selection for the list.
- (Optional) Click in the Description field and enter a description for the list item to provide users with information when they hover over the item in the field list.
7. Repeat steps 5-6 to add more selections to the list.
To change the order of an item in the list, clear the Alphabetical check box, click on the list record to select it, and then drag-and-drop it upwards or downwards to a different location in the list. If you are successfully moving a list item, the prompt displays during the move.
8. Click Save.