When an Administrator adds a field list to an additional Company, Contract, or Project form, they must also add the items selections for the list since the Additional Forms and Lists features work together.
There are six types of field lists that Administrators can add to an additional Contract, Company, and Project form:
- Combo List - a list of items that allows the user to select one item in the list.
- Multi-select List - a list of items that allows the user to select more than one item in the list.
- Linked Combo Field - a set of list items that correspond to each selection in a combo list is created so that when a user makes a selection in the list, the options in the linked combo field are limited to those defined by the Administrator. Users can make only on selection in the linked combo field.
- Linked Multi-select Field - a set of list items that correspond to each selection in a combo list is created so that when a user makes a selection in the list, the options in the linked multi-select field are limited to those defined by the Administrator. Users can make more than one selection in the linked multi-select field.
- Tree field - a hierarchy of list items is created, allowing users to drill down one or more levels and select the most appropriate option at each level.
- Person Field - a system-generated list that requires an Administrator to create all the functions that users, company contacts, and external participants will need in Novatus. Once the functions are defined, the Administrator adds the Person Field to an additional Company, Contract, or Project form, and selects one user function. When a user populates the field, the selected user function is replaced with the names of all the people who can perform this function.
The Combo List, Multi-select List, Linked Combo Field, Linked Multi-select Field, Tree Field, and Person Field can also be added as an additional field in a Contract, Company, or Project Profile screen.
The steps below show how to add an item to a combo list or a multi-select list in an additional contract form, but the procedure is the same for an additional company form and an additional project form.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Lists links.
The screen displays an alphabetical listing of categories (Company, Contract, Address, Clause, Document, Global Translation, People, Project, Relationship, and Workflow). Additional forms are listed alphabetically as categories. Additional fields are listed under the categories: Company Additional Fields, Contract Additional Fields, and Project Additional Fields.
2. In the List Administration screen, locate the list by typing its name (or part of its name) into the Search field, and pressing the ENTER key on your keyboard.
3. Click on the list in the Fields List section to select it, and display a canvas for adding items to the list in the right side of the screen.
4. (Optional) Clear the Alphabetical check box if you want the items to appear in the list in the order in which you add them.
5. Click Add in the toolbar to add a blank record.
6. In the New Item record, click on the New Item text to enable the field, and enter the name of an item selection for the list.
- (Optional) Click in the Description field and enter a description for the list item to provide users with information when they hover over the item in the additional form.
7. Repeat steps 5-6 to add more selections to the list.
To change the order of an item in the list, clear the Alphabetical check box, click on the list record to select it, and then drag-and-drop it upwards or downwards to a different location in the list. If you are successfully moving a list item, the prompt displays during the move.
8. Click Save.