Administrators are responsible for creating a User Profile for each individual who will be using Novatus Contracts. The User Profile contains basic information for the user, including their password and all the functions they can perform. The profile also defines the roles the user plays in Novatus.
- Functions are similar to job titles in that they define the duties that the user performs; for example, Contract Manager, Sales Representative, or Attorney. All functions are defined by Administrators using the Lists feature. Functions are used in several program features, including adding a responsibility for a contract in a Contract Profile, establishing the points of contact for a company in a Company Profile, and identifying the users who can complete and/or approve a workflow step and a flow step.
- Roles is a security feature used to control user access to both program features and data. Roles not only identify the tasks that the user can perform and the features that the user can access and/or configure, but also the amount and type of stored data that the user can view and modify. Roles can be created in accordance with the 36 default permission types provided by Novatus, or Administrators can create user roles based on the their own criteria.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Users link.
2. In the Users browse screen, click New User in the toolbar.
3. In the User Profile screen, populate the required fields:
- Email Address
- Login Name - the login name can be the user's email address or some combination of their first and last names
- Password and Confirm Password
- To make the password temporary, select the Force Password Change check box.
If the Password and Confirm Password fields do not display, the Enable Auto Passwords check box is selected in the System Settings screen. This option allows Novatus to generate a temporary password for the new user, and then send the user an email message containing all the required login information: (1) link to Novatus (2) login name, and (3) temporary password.
- First Name and Last Name
- Functions - Click on each function the user can hold in Novatus to select it. To deselect a selected function, click on it.
It is recommended that you keep a record of each user's email address, login name, and password, as well as the URL for the program: https://app1.novatuscontracts.com/Contracts/.
4. (Recommended) Validate or make selections in the following User Profile fields:
- Force Password Change - select the check box to force the user to change their password the first time they log in to Novatus. If you are using the system-generated password option, the check box does not display.
- Manager - click to display the Address Book and assign one or more managers for the user.
- User Type - assign the user one of the following user types:
- Full - user can view, create, and modify the information in the Profiles for all the Company, Contract, and Projects groups for which they have been granted access.
- Contract Request Only - user can only view and manage their contract requests. The user cannot view any other data or access any other program features.
- Casual User - user can only view the information in the Profiles for all the Company, Contract, and Projects groups for which they have been granted access. This option overrides any create/modify permissions granted through a user role.
- Date Format - to change the default way in which dates are displayed for the user, select Day/Month/Year or Year-Month-Day in the list.
- Number Format - to change the default way in which numbers are displayed for the user, select the International Format [0.000,00].
If a field list includes a question mark icon, you can type the first letter(s) of your entry into the field to automatically display a list of suggested matches. Click on the correct suggestion to automatically populate the field.
5. (Optional) Populate the remaining optional fields.
6. In the bottom section of the screen, select the check boxes for the role(s) the user can hold in Novatus.
- In assigning multiple roles to a user, the permissions of a secondary role can supersede the permissions of the user's primary role if not set up properly. Therefore, it is important to be diligent in setting up user roles that are likely to be assigned in conjunction with one another to ensure the combined permissions do not exceed the scope of the user's permissions.
7. Click Save.