Administrators can generate a report showing all the roles that have been created for Novatus users and the permissions associated with each user role. This tool is helpful in obtaining an overview of the roles that users can play in Novatus and avoid any overlap that may cause security issues.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Roles link.
2. In the Roles screen, click Role and Permissions Report in the toolbar.
3. In the Role and Permissions Report Options prompt, select pdf, xls, or html in the Report Format list.
If you want to sort, edit, and/or reformat the report, select the XLS (Excel spreadsheet) option.
4. Click OK to display the report.
- HTML displays the Report Preview window.
- PDF and XLS require you to download the report.
The report includes the name of each user role, a description, all the permissions granted to each role.
In the PDF report shown below, the Power User role can run Basic, Advanced, and Analytics Reports, create and manage Email Distribution Lists, and can start a Flow from a legacy Contract, Company, or Project Profile. The Company, Contract, and Project groups that the user can access display as true or false, depending on the level of access (Create, Modify, Documents). The user also has access to the Milestones additional form, and the Executed Contract document type. The Clause Security field is used to track a history of the changes made between clause security levels and user roles.