The Clause ID and Management (CIM) feature provides users with a comparison match between the clause language in a document that is added to a Contract Profile and the Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) Model, which defines the standard language for contract clauses. CIM is run on specific document types added through document uploads, approved contract requests, the Creation, eSignature, and Document Package Wizards, as well as revisions to existing documents stored in the Contract Profile.
- Getting Started with Clause ID and Management
- Clause Identification and Management (CIM) is activated when a user chooses to process the clauses in a document they upload to a Contract Profile. CIM also runs when a document is added to a Profile from an approved contract request, or as the result of running the Creation Wizard, eSignature Wizard, or Document Package Wizard. Processing the clauses in a document involves selecting a match between each clause in the document and a list of possible matches identified by the Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) Model.
- Running Clause ID and Management
- The Clause ID and Management (CIM) feature is available to select users whenever they upload a document to a Contract Profile, or cause a document to be be added by approving a contract request or running the Creation, eSignature, or Document Package Wizard, and the document’s type matches one that has been identified for clause analysis.
- Reporting on Document Clauses
- The Reporting feature can be used to create a report that identifies the non-standard clauses that are used in the CIM-processed documents stored in Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus). A report can also be used to identify the processed documents that contain a specific clause.