There are two types of action steps in all flows: (1) Generic Action step, which is defined by an Administrator and requires you to take some type of action before completing the step, and (2) Launch Workflow, which runs the Workflow Wizard, allowing you to select the team to complete the steps in a pre-defined workflow that is then added to the profile.
There are two additional types of actions steps in a contract flow: (1) Create, which runs the Creation Wizard, allowing you to select the template to use in creating the contract, which is then stored in the Documents screen in the Profile, and (2) Launch eSignature, which runs the eSignature Package Wizard, allowing you to send a document for electronic signature.
In the email message sent from Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) Flow:
1. (Optional) Review additional information before completing the step using the Go To Contract, Go To Company, or Go To Project link.
2. Click the link.
- When the reply email message displays with Complete Flow Step as the subject, and Complete in the body of the email message, click Send.
- (Optional) Add notes on completing the step to the body of the email message by positioning your cursor under the word "Complete" and entering your text. Do not remove the word "Complete" from the message or the email will not be sent successfully, and the step will not be completed.
From the Active Workflow Items portlet in your Dashboard:
1. Click the My Flow Steps tab, and locate the step you want to complete.
2. Click on the step to display the Profile screen for the flow.
3. Follow Step 3 in Contract, Company, or Project Profile below.
Contract, Company, or Project Profile
2. (Optional) Review the completed steps:
- Action step is displayed in grayed out text.
- Approval step is displayed as Approval when it has been approved, and Approval when it has been declined.
- Hover over the icon to display notes provided by the user who completed the step.
- Hover over the icon to display a description of the approval step.
If no steps are displayed, click on the Stage header, which is a toggle bar to hide/display the steps in the stage.
3. Click the appropriate button(s) to complete the step:
- - provide notes on completing a step prior to completing the step.
- - completes an action step.
- - skips the step.
- - displays the Address Book and allows you to reassign the step to another user.
- - runs the Workflow Wizard and allows you to select the Workflow Team that will complete the steps in a pre-defined workflow, which is then added to the profile.
- - runs the Creation Wizard and is used only in contract flows.
- - runs the eSignature Package Wizard and is used only in contract flows.