The Tasks feature has a Task List option that allows you to record the completion of one of your company's standard procedures for a contract, company, or project using a template that contains a series of steps. Once the task list is created, the owner of each task in the list will receive an email notification, advising them that a task is awaiting their completion.
A Task List a simplified version of the workflow that does not support messaging or allow a task to be approved. Therefore, it is recommended that you consider both Workflows and Task Lists to determine which option better suits your needs.
2. In the Links section of the screen, click the Tasks link.
3. In the Tasks screen, click Add Task List in the toolbar.
4. In the Add Task List prompt:
- Select a template in the Task List list that best describes the procedure you want the task list to accomplish.
- Click Add.
5. When the screen refreshes with the tasks in the list:
Tasks in a task list are usually numbered to identify the sequence in which they need to be completed.
- Click in the Start Date field for each task in the list and enter the task's start date, or click to use the calendar to select the date.
- Click in the Due Date field for each task in the list and enter the date the task must be completed, or click to use the calendar to select the date.
The Task Owner list is not editable because it is set by the Task List template.
6. Click Save.