A task reflects an activity that needs to be performed for a contract, company, or project. You can add a task to a Contract, Company, or Project Profile to record and monitor the task's progress and ensure it is completed in a timely manner. Once you create the task, the task owner will receive an email notification, advising them that a task is awaiting their completion.
Although the Contract Profile is used in the screen shot below, the same components are present in the Company Profile and Project Profile.
2. In the Links section of the screen, click the Tasks link.
3. In the Tasks screen, a blank task record is automatically displayed with the Start Date and Due Date fields set to the current date.
- Click in the Task Subject field, and enter the name of the task.
- (Optional) Click in the Start Date field and enter a new start date, or click to use the calendar to select the date.
- Click in the Due Date field and enter a new due date, or click to use the calendar to select the date.
- Click in the Task Owner field to display the list, and click a user's name to assign them to the task.
- Click Add Task.
After adding a task, the information you entered displays as a new record, but also remains the fields that were originally blank. To add another task, you must type over the existing information in the Task Subject field, the existing dates in the Start Date and End Date fields, and make another selection in the Task Owner field.