Once a contract document has been submitted for electronic signature, each individual designated as a signatory receives an email message with a link to the DocuSign or Adobe Sign cloud where they can provide their eSignature. The order in which signatories receive the email message is determined in the eSignature Package Wizard.
1. Click the REVIEW DOCUMENT link in the email message you receive from Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus).
2. In the DocuSign or Adobe Sign cloud, click START to jump to the location where your signature, or other input, is required in the document.
3. Follow the onscreen prompts to provide the requested information.
4. Complete the electronic signing process by clicking:
- FINISH in DocuSign.
- Click to Sign in Adobe Sign.
Based on the eSignature solution, additional functionality is available to signatories in Docuisgn and Adobe Sign.
Functionality in the DocuSign Cloud
In addition to signing the document electronically, DocuSign allows the signatory to perform other actions, select the style used for their signature, and use icons to control the display and print the contract document.
Click OTHER ACTIONS to display a menu with alternative options:
- Finish Later - exits the cloud. Use the link in the email message to return to the electronic signing process.
- Print & Sign - provides the option of returning the signed documents by either upload or fax.
- Upload allows you to download the documents, complete them with pen on paper, scan them, then upload the scanned, signed documents in order to return them.
- Fax allows you to download the documents, complete them with pen on paper, and return them to the sender by following faxing instructions provided to you.
- Assign to Someone Else - displays a window where you provide the name and email address of the new signer, along with the reason for reassigning the responsibility.
- Decline to Sign - voids the envelope so that it is unavailable to other signers.
- View History - displays a history of the electronic signing process for the document.
- View Certificate (PDF) - displays a Certificate of Completion for the signed document, which can be saved and printed.
When you click on the icon, an Adopt Your Signature window displays if you have not yet selected a style for your signature.
1. Update the information displayed in the Full Name and Initials fields, if needed.
2. Click ADOPT AND SIGN if the PREVIEW box showing your signature and initials is acceptable.
- Click the Change Style link if you want to select a different signature style.
- Click the Draw link if you want to draw your own signature.
Functionality in the Adobe Sign Cloud
In addition to signing the document electronically, Adobe Sign allows the signatory to perform alternative actions, create their signature, select the language for the document, and use icons to control the display and download a PDF version of the contract document.
Click Alternative actions to display a menu with alternative options:
- Someone else should sign - displays a window where you provide the email address of the new signer, along with your message to the new signer.
- I will not e-sign - displays a window where you provide the reason for not providing your electronic signature.
- Clear document data - clears all the information you have added to the document.
In the Click here to sign text box, click to display a window that allows you to type in your signature, draw your signature, or import an image file with your signature.
The default language is English, but you can make another selection in the Language list to display the document text and screen instructions/components in the selected language.
When the document signing is complete, all members of the eSignature package receive an email message, notifying them that the electronic signing ceremony is complete. The email contains a link that takes program users to the Document Packages screen in the document's Contract Profile where they can download a copy of the executed contract. The link takes those who participated in the eSignature process but do not have program credentials to the Portal. The email also contains a PDF attachment of the fully executed contract document, which can be viewed online or downloaded.