The eSignature Package Wizard guides you through the process of obtaining electronic signatures using a three-step process:
Step 1: Identify the documents that require an eSignature and identify the signatories for the documents, as well as any recipients that should acknowledge the signing or be copied on the envelope for the electronic signing ceremony. The envelope is the email message containing the document that is to be signed electronically, along with any instructions, which is sent to signatories any any recipients.
- You have the option of running the Wizard using a template or without a template. Using a template defines the number of signatories on a contract and the number of individuals who are notified about the electronic signing process and/or receive a copy of the fully executed document. While DocuSign can be run with or without a template, Adobe Sign can only be run without a template.
Step 2: Add eSignature fields to the contract to indicate where each signatory needs to provide their electronic signature, and then submit the envelope for signature. Other tags, such as Initial and Date tags, can also be inserted to indicate the locations where a signatory needs to provide information.
When you run the eSignature Package Wizard, a document package is automatically created, if one does not already exist.
To launch the eSingature Package Wizard:
1. Open the Contract Profile containing the document that needs to be signed electronically.
2. Click on Wizard Tools in the Profile Toolbar, and select eSignature Package Wizard.
3. In the Document Selection section, select the check boxes for all the documents that require an eSignature.
If you are running the eSignature Package Wizard after running the Document Package Wizard, the Document Selection section is not present.
4. In the Template Selection section, select the check box to display a Template list, and select the template you want to use.
A template defines the number of signatories and also clearly identifies the role of the signer (Signer 1 is typically the counter-party and Signer 2 is typically the signatory for your company). There are two additional roles available in the wizard: Acknowledge Receipt, which requires an individual to acknowledge that the document has been signed electronically, and Receive a Copy, which allows an individual to receive a copy of the envelope (email message and electronically signed document). If your company is using advanced DocuSign actions (Agent-Managed Envelopes), there are three additional roles: Manage Envelope, Address Recipients, and Manage Recipients.
5. In the Role Selection section, enter the email address for the first signatory in the Email field, and then enter their first and last names. Leave the selection in the Action list set to Sign since this is the action that a signatory must perform in the electronic signing ceremony.
6. Enter the email addresses and first/last names for the other signatories and any recipients in the electronic signing process, and then select their role in the Action list.
7. (Optional) In the Additional Administrator Selection section, click to display the Address Book and select other Administrators for the electronic signing process.
Administrators can not only perform user tasks, which include viewing and downloading documents during the eSignature process, but they can also reassign the responsibility of signing the document to another person, add and remove people from the recipient list for the "envelope," and void the envelope (stop the eSignature process). The envelope is the email message that contains the contract that is to be signed electronically and is sent to signatories and other recipients in a pre-defined order.
8. (Optional) Update the information in the Package Name, Email Message, and Package Description fields to customize the email subject line and message text of the envelope.
9. Click Save to display the eSignature Portal where you must add Signature fields before submitting the document for electronic signature.