A user with the appropriate permissions can add an additional name for a company. The Additional Names feature provides a way of storing and tracking the different names under which a company has conducted, or is currently conducting business. Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) provides three ways of categorizing additional company names: Also Known As (AKA), Doing Business As (DBA), and Formerly Known As (FKA). However, your Administrators may have added other name types.
1. Open the Company Profile that needs the additional company name.
2. In the Links section of the Company Profile, click the Additional Names link.
3. In the Additional Names browse screen, click Add Name in the toolbar.
4. When the screen refreshes, create an Additional Name Profile:
- Enter the alternate (or former) company name in the Company Name field.
- Make a selection in the Additional Name Type list
- (Optional) Enter the effective date for the alternate (or former) company name in the Effective Date field.
- (Optional) Provide information on the alternate (or former) company name in the Description field.
- Click Save.