You need the BI Tool permission to create a cross-tabulation analysis. A cross-tab analysis is one that uses three data fields to communicate a trend or analyze the relationship of key company/contract data stored in Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus). You can use any combination of text, date, and value fields to create the cross-tabulation. A cross-tab analysis is created as a separate table after the main table is created using one or more data sets. During the creation process, both tables can be saved to the Visual Gallery for use in creating an Analytics Report or a BI Dashboard.
After a BI Analysis is created showing the final contract documents that were added to Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) from 1/1/2015 to the present day, a cross-tabulation is added to show how many revisions were needed to arrive at the final document by Contract Number and Year. Three filters were needed for the analyses: (1) Document Type Group field must contain the word Contracts, (2) Document Type field must contain the word Executed to identify the final document, and (3) the Document Created On field must fall in the date range of 1/1/2015 - Today (Current Date).
1. Click Reports in the Navigation Toolbar, and select the BI Toolbox link in the menu.
2. In the Home screen, click , located in the upper left of the screen.
3. In the (Untitled) Analysis screen, select the data sets to be analyzed:
- Select Company in the first Select Data list to include all companies in the analysis.
- When the data fields display, clear the All check box to clear all the fields, and then click the Company Name check box since this is the only field in the Company Profile screen needed to identify a contract document.
- Select Company - Contract in the second Select Data list to include all contracts in the analysis.
- Clear the All check box to clear all the fields, and then click the Contract Number check box to identify the Contract Profile where the document is stored. Click the following check boxes to add supporting contract data: Agreement Type, Contract Type, Contract Value, Term Type, Effective Date, and Current Expiration Date.
- Select Contract - Document in the third Select Data list to include information for each contract with a stored document.
- Clear the check boxes for the fields that do not need to be analyzed, such as the Document UUID and Document File Size.
4. Click .
5. When the Table section displays, review the data that meets the criteria.
- Use the Page field and navigation icons to view multi-page results.
To collapse the Select data for analysis section, click the Data toggle link directly above the section. To collapse the Table section of the screen, click its icon.
6. Set the filters for the analysis by clicking the Filter link to display a Filter Rows by Cell Values section:
- Filter by Document Type Group so only contract documents are analyzed:
- In the Filter Column list, select Document Type Group.
- In the Comparison list, select Contains.
- In the Value field, enter Contract.
- Click .
- Filter by Document Type so only final contracts are analyzed:
- Change the selection in the Filter Column list to Document Type.
- Leave Contains as the selection in the Comparison list.
- Enter Executed in the Value field.
- Click .
- Filter by Document Created On to establish a date range for the analysis:
- Change the selection in the Filter Column list to Document Created On.
- Change the selection in the Comparison list to Date Range.
- Select Specific Date in the first list, and click to use the calendar to select the 1/1/2015 start date.
- Click to set a specific time of day for the start date.
- Select Sliding Date in the second list, and then select Today in the third list so that whenever the analysis is used, it will be up-to-date.
- Click .
- Click , located to the right of the Filter Rows by Cell Values section to collapse the filters.
7. Click the Add Crosstab link.
8. When the cross-tab fields display, set up a cross-tabulation showing the number of document revisions for each final contract document by contract number and year:
- In the Header Values Column list, select Document Created On, and then select Years in the by list to display dates horizontally, as column headers.
- In the Label Values Column list, select Contract Number to display contract numbers vertically, in a list in the left-most column of each row.
- In the Aggregate Values Column list, select Document Revision Number to display the aggregated numbers as the contents for the rest of the table cells.
- In the Aggregate Function list, select Distinct Count so that only the unique revision numbers for a document are included.
- (Optional) In the Summary Function list, select Sum to add a column to the cross-tabulation that calculates totals by year and by contract number.
- (Optional) Select the Compare Label Columns check box and select a red/green option to use color to highlight the difference between column values.
- Change the default selection in the Reverse Compare Colors list to Red to Green if you want an increase between column values displayed in green, instead of red.
- Click .
- If the Page field and navigation arrows display, use them to display additional data.
- Click in the Table section to save the analysis to the Visual Gallery.
10. Provide a name for the cross-tab analysis:
- Click , located to the right of the screen name, Untitled Analysis.
- Select Rename in the menu.
- In the prompt, type over the existing text in the Name field, and click Save.