You need the Advanced Reporting permission to add a header and/or footer to an Advanced Report to increase its usability and enhance its professionalism. A header or footer is added to a report by adding a text field, entering the header/footer information into the blank text field, and then changing the section where the text field will display in the report layout.
1. Click Reports in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Reports link in the menu.
An advanced report is displayed under a Report Group: Advanced Report header. Expand/collapse a report group using the and icons.
3. In the report layout screen, click Add Text Field in the toolbar to display a blank field in the Detail (data) section of the screen.
4. Click the blank field to display its properties in the Properties section:
- Scroll down to the Section field in the Name column, click in its Value field, and change the selection from Detail to Page Header (or Page Footer) in the list.
- Locate the Field Value field, click in its Value field, and enter the text you want displayed in the header (or footer).
- (Optional) Use the other properties to format the display of text for the header (or footer).
5. (Optional) Hover over the borders of the text field in the Page Header (or Page Footer) section and use the and icons to resize the field.
6. (Optional) Hover over the field until the icon displays. Click the icon, and then drag-and-drop the field to a different location in the section.
7. Click Save.
8. (Optional) Generate the report.
Remove a text field by right-clicking the field to display the button, and then click the button. Remove a Group By section or a sub-group from the report layout by clicking its icon.