A Document Search allows you to search for documents that have been uploaded to a Contract, Company, or Project Profile, as well as the global documents that have been shared by other users. You can also search for documents that meet certain criteria or contain a specific keyword, value, or text string in the title or body of the document.
1. Click Search in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Document Search link in the menu.
If the Document Search link is not in the menu, you are running an Elastic Search.
2. In the Document Search screen:
- Select All to search all documents stored in Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus).
- To search for documents that were shared by other users, select Global.
- To search for documents stored in Company, Contract, or Project Profiles, select Company, Contract, or Project.
- In the blank in the search field, enter a keyword, value, or text string that identifies the document type, or appears in the body of the document or in the document name, and click .
- For example, you could enter Software License in the field to locate all documents that contain this phrase, or you could enter Executed Contract to locate all documents with this document type.
3. Review the document records returned as search results.
4. (Optional) Click on a document's icon to download a copy of the document.
5. (Optional) Customize the display of the search results:
- Hover over a column heading until the icon displays, and click on it to open the Sort/Column menu. Click Columns to display a list of available fields, and select the fields you want displayed by clicking in the check box to the left of the field.
- Sort the information in a column in ascending or descending order by clicking (toggling) on the column heading.
- Resize a column by hovering over the right or left border of the column heading until the resize icon appears. Then, click and drag the border to the desired width.
- Move a column to a different location in the Results screen by clicking on the column heading and dragging it to the left or right, dropping it in the desired location. When the icon displays, you are successfully moving the column.