If you do not have permission to add a contract to Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus), you may be able to make a contract request, which must be reviewed and approved by a designated approver. In completing a contract request, you will be required to supply all the requested information and upload any documents to support your request for the new contract. Depending on the type of contract you are requesting, the amount of information you need to provide will vary and you may not have the option to upload a document. If you must provide a great deal of information, you can complete the contract request over several login sessions since Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) stores your information between sessions, allowing you time to complete and review your contract request before actually submitting it for approval.
Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) also numbers contract requests for easy identification using a combination of the company name and a system-generated number. The numbering system also assigns a number to the individual forms in the request type so that you can easily locate a specific request type in your My Requests screen. For example, a contract request might have a number such as NOVA-00928, and if there are two forms in the request, they would be numbered NOVA-00928-001 and NOVA-00928-002.
An Enhanced contract request is made when the contract is comprised of more than one document, such as a Master Agreement with a Schedule. Typically, a Legacy request is made when the entire contract is comprised of a single document, or if the template used in making the contract request was created prior to Release 6.1.
1. Click MyPlace in the Navigation Toolbar, and then click the Requests link.
2. In the My Requests screen, click New Request in the toolbar.
3. In the Select a Request Type window, locate the type of contract request you want to make, and click on it to select it.
The Contract Request displays in a single scrollable screen that is divided into color-coded segments. The segments with blue headings, such as Software License and Professional Services Schedule, are the individual documents that comprise the entire contract document. The segments with gray headings, such as Payment Schedule, are the additional forms that have been added to the request to capture supplemental information needed for the contract document.
If the screen above does not resemble your My Requests screen, you are making a legacy contract request.
4. When the My Requests screen redisplays, a numbered request with sections, sub-sections, and editable fields displays:
- In the Company Name section, begin typing the first few letters of the company name into the blank field to display a list of possible matches. Click on a match to select it and populate the field. You can also click in the list to display the Select a Company window to search all companies in Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus). Enter the first few characters of the company identifier in the Search field, and click .
- If the company is not listed in the Select a Company window, enter the full company name into the field to add the company.
- In each request type form section, populate the fields.
- If the Approver list is present, you have the option of selecting the person who will review your contract request.
- (Optional) In the Documents sub-section of a request type form, click to upload a document file to the request form.
- If the sub-section is not present, you cannot upload a document for this type of request.
- (Optional) If the contract request requires you to provide additional information, one or more fields display under a gray header that bears the name of the additional form linked to the contract request. Populate the required and optional fields.
- (Optional) Click the Add Additional [Form Name] Form link to insert a duplicate copy of the additional form into the contract request, and populate the fields. This option allows you to provide information for a recurring contract provision or event.
5. Click Submit Request.
If you are not ready to submit the request, click Save as Draft and return to the request at a later time from your My Requests screen by clicking the icon. You can also monitor the progress of submitted request from your My Requests screen.
6. (Optional) Return to the My Requests screen to verify your request has been sent.
A submitted request contains three icons: Copy , Cancel Submission , and Delete . If the Refresh icon is present, your request has not been submitted. Click the Refresh icon to resubmit the failed (locked) contract request.