If you do not have permission to add a contract to Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus), you may be able to make a contract request, which must be reviewed and approved by a designated approver. In completing a contract request, you will be required to supply all the requested information and upload any documents to support your request for the new contract. Depending on the type of contract you are requesting, the amount of information you need to provide will vary. If you must provide a great deal of information, you can complete the contract request over several login sessions since Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) stores your information between sessions, allowing you time to complete and review your contract request before actually submitting it for approval.
Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) also numbers contract requests for easy identification using a combination of the company name and a system-generated number. The numbering system also assigns a number to the individual forms in the request type so that you can easily locate a specific request type in your My Requests screen. For example, a contract request might have a number such as AARO-00929.
Typically, a Legacy contract request is made when the entire contract is comprised of a single document, or if the template used in making the contract request was created prior to Release 6.1. If the contract is comprised of more than one document, such as Master Agreement with a Schedule, an Enhanced contract request is being made.
1. Click MyPlace in the Navigation Toolbar, and then click the Requests link.
2. In the My Requests screen, click New Request in the toolbar.
3. In the Select a Request Type window, locate the type of contract request you want to make, and click on it to select it.
If the screen above does not resemble your My Requests screen, you are making an enhanced contract request.
4. When the My Requests screen redisplays, a numbered contract request displays:
- In the Company Information section, begin typing the first few letters of the company name into the blank field to display a list of possible matches. Click on a match to select it and populate the field. You can also click in the list to display the Select a Company window to search all companies in Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus). Enter the first few characters of the company identifier in the Search field, and click .
- If the company is not listed, click the New Company radio button, and enter the full company name into the field to add the company.
- In the Contract Information section, populate the fields.
- If the Approver list is present, you have the option of selecting the person who will review your contract request.
5. Click Save.
6. (Optional) Return to the My Requests screen to verify your request has been sent.
A submitted request contains three icons: Copy , Cancel Submission , and Delete . If the Refresh icon is present, your request has not been submitted. Click the Refresh icon to resubmit the failed (locked) contract request.
6. When the screen refreshes, click New Document in the Additional Data section of the screen to upload a document file to the request. When the screen refreshes:
- Select the type of document you are uploading in the Document Type list.
- Click and follow the onscreen prompts to upload the document.
- (Optional) Populate the optional fields.
- Click Save.
When the screen refreshes, you can perform all document-related tasks.
7. (Optional) In the Additional Data section, if the contract request requires you to provide additional information, one or more Additional Form tabs display. Click on a tab to capture the additional information for the contract request.
- Click New [Form Name] in the toolbar.
- Populate the fields in the form, and click Save.
If an Additional Form tab is displayed in red, you must click on the tab and provide the required information or you will not be able to submit the contract request.
8. Click Submit Request.
If you are not ready to submit the request, click Cancel and return to the request at a later time from your My Requests screen by clicking the icon. You can also monitor the progress of submitted request from your My Requests screen.