The list of documents stored in your Global Documents screen can be exported to an Excel spreadsheet. You can customize the information that displays in the spreadsheet by managing the fields that display in the Global Documents screen. The available fields are Author, Current Expiration Date, Description, Document Type, Document Type Group, Effective Date, Revision, Uploaded On, Uploaded By, File Name, File Type, and File Size.
1. Click My Place in the Navigation Toolbar to display the menu, and then click the Global Documents link.
2. (Optional) In the Global Documents screen, manage the displayed information to ensure only key data will be exported to the spreadsheet:
- Update the columns that display using the Sort/Column menu.
- Sort the data in a column by clicking (toggling) on a column heading.
3. Click Export to Excel in the toolbar. When the Progress Bar disappears, click the download prompt, or follow the onscreen instructions for the prompt based on the browser you are using:
- Excel tab (Chrome) - Click the tab to launch the Excel application and display the contents of the Global Documents screen in a spreadsheet.
- Open or Save bar (Internet Explorer) - Click the Open button to open the file in Excel, or click the Save → Open Folder buttons to open a Download window where you can navigate to the location where you want to save the file.
- Opening window (Firefox) - Click OK to open the file in Excel, or select the Save File radio button to open a window where you can rename the file and navigate to the location where you want to save it. Click OK.