Before using Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) system, it is recommended that you perform these start-up tasks:
- Become familiar with the Program Components, which include the Navigation Toolbar, Dashboard and Portlets, Data and Input Screens, Action Buttons, Icons, Address Book, Email Distribution Lists, and Phone Number Entry Window.
- Set up your User Preferences, which include changing your password; entering your name, address, and contact information; selecting data formats and the UI theme; and determining the email notifications you receive when you are a member of a team.
- Customize and filter the data in your All Companies browse screen, which includes managing the columns of data that display and the number of records that display in each screen.
- Review the components of a Company Profile, which stores basic information on the company and contains a Toolbar and Links to company-related features.
- Customize and filter the data in your All Contracts browse screen.
- Review the components of a Contract Profile, which stores basic information on the contract and contains a Toolbar and Links to contract-related features.
- Add navigation, reminder, and charting Portlets to your Dashboard, which keep you updated on your upcoming responsibilities and provide quick links to the companies, contracts, and projects you work on frequently.
Once you have completed these startup tasks, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the following:
- My Place menu, which provides direct links to the information and tasks that directly impact you.
- Hierarchical Relationships between companies and contracts, which explains how data is stored and structured in Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus).