Question or Problem
After selecting the Open in Word button in a Document Profile, MS Word launches inside Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) and I can update the document, but when I click the Save button, the revised document is not being saved as the next version of the document in Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus).
Alternatively, selecting the Open in Word button in a Document Profile launches MS Word inside Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus), but the document is in Read Only mode. Therefore, I can only edit the document if I save it as a new document. When I update the new document and save it, it is not saved as the next version of the document in Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus).
Solution and/or Cause
- If you are running MS Word 2010, or an earlier version of Word, Direct Editing will not work as intended because these versions of Word are not supported by the manufacturer. Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) recommends updating your version of Windows and Microsoft Word.
- If you are running a supported version of Windows and Microsoft Word and are still having issues, Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) recommends the following actions, in the following order:
1. Ensure all updates available for your Operating System (OS) and MS Word program are installed.
- In your Control Panel, click Windows Update, and ensure the following message displays: You're set to automatically install updates. If not, click the Change Settings link, and select Install updates automatically in the Important Updates list.
2. Repair your installation of MS Word.
- In your Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Features), select Microsoft [Word], and click Uninstall/Change (or Change/Repair). Select the Full Repair option, which is sometimes worded as Online Repair.
3. Have your System Administrator check for system network issues in your local network. For example, a Firewall or other security setting may be preventing Direct Editing from working properly.