Once you download the Company, Contract, or Additional Form template for a bulk data upload, you must populate the required fields for each data record in the Excel spreadsheet and correctly format each field.
- Company template - the default required fields are Company Name, Company Group, and Status. However, other fields from the Company Profile screen should also be populated if the information is available.
- Contract template - the default required fields are Company Name Lookup or Company Number Lookup, Contract Group, Legal Entity, Agreement Type, Contract Type, Term Type, Original Exp Date, and Status. However, other fields from the Contract Profile screen, including any assigned contract responsibilities, can also be populated.
- Additional Form template - since the required fields will vary, it is recommended that you populate all fields.
A Contract template is depicted in the two screen shots below, which show all the fields in the default Contract Profile screen, as well as three responsibilities that were defined by an Administrator: Attorney, Sales Rep, and Contract Manager. The fields in each line item of the spreadsheet are properly formatted to ensure the Contract Profiles created during the bulk data upload contain all the provided information.
Formatting Fields for Bulk Data Loading
In completing an Excel spreadsheet for bulk data loading, the information provided for each field type must be properly formatted to ensure a seamless import of your data. Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) field types and their required formatting include:
- Contract Responsibilities - use one of the following formats: (1) FIRSTNAME LASTNAME (2) LASTNAME, (comma) FIRSTNAME or (3) EMAIL@ADDRESS.COM.
- More than one person can be assigned to a responsibility by inserting a forward slash (/) between their names, such as Stephens, John/Winston, Paul. An active user can be assigned to a contract responsibility during bulk data uploading even if they do not hold that responsibility in Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus). A responsibility can also be assigned to a disabled user, a company contact, or an external user. However, if a responsibility is assigned to an archived user, their name will not be linked to that responsibility in the Contract Profile.
- Date field – ensure all dates follow the format as defined in the System Settings screen. Options include Month/Day/Year, Day/Month/Year, and Year-Month-Day.
- Combo list – ensure the information for this type of list exactly matches one of the selections in the field list, as defined in the List Administration screen.
- For example, the Company Type, Company Group, Status, Contract Type, Agreement Type, Contract Group, and Term Type fields are all combo lists.
- Multi-Select list – ensure the information for this type of list exactly matches the selections in the field list, as defined in the List Administration screen, and the selections are separated by the forward-slash ( / ) symbol, which serves as a field delimiter.
- For example, a Financials multi-select list was added as an additional field to the Company Profile and contains three types of financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement). If a company being added during the bulk data upload has provided all three types of financial statements, you would enter Income Statement / Balance Sheet / Cash Flow Statement in the Excel cell for the Financials field.
- Tree field – ensure the information for this field exactly matches the selections in the hierarchy, as defined in the List Administration screen, and the selections are separated by the forward-slash ( / ) symbol, which serves as a field delimiter.
- For example, a hierarchy for licenses has been set up for the Contract Type field in the Contract Profile, which includes License as the primary contract type and Software and Real Estate as secondary types. If a contract being added during the bulk data upload is a software license, you would enter License / Software in the Excel cell for the Contract Type field.
- Phone Number field – use one of the acceptable formats: XXX-XXX-XXXX (407-745-3030) or (XXX) XXX-XXXX ((407) 745-3030).
- Currency field – do not use the currency symbol ($) or commas (1,000) when entering values since Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) automatically adds these for you. For a dollar amount, you can add number with decimals (1350.45) or a number without decimals (1350) and Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) will automatically append the currency value with the default number of decimals (1350.00).
- Number field – ensure all whole numbers and numbers with decimal places follow the format as defined in the System Settings screen. Options include the American format [0,000.00] and the International format [0.000,00].
- Person field – ensure the person’s name follows the Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) format of Last Name, First Name.
- Linked Combo and Linked Multi-Select lists – formatting is the same as the Combo list and the Multi-Select list.
- Hyperlink field – enter a website URL using the standard format (www.Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus)inc.com) or an email address.