You need the Flow Template Admin permission to edit a contract, company, or project flow template. You can edit a template by adding, removing, reordering, and updating its stages and steps, as well as altering the way steps are connected. The properties for a step can also edited, including the person assigned to complete the step, its configuration, and any restrictions. The entire flow can be edited by changing its filter so that it runs on different Contract, Company, and Project Profiles.
You can edit a draft flow template or a published flow template. When you edit a published template, a copy of the template displays in the Flow Template Drafts section of the screen. You must republish the template in order for your edits to take place.
Although a contract flow template is used in the screen shot below, the steps are the same for publishing a company flow template and a project flow template.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Contract Flow Templates, Company Flow Templates, or Project Flow Templates link in the menu.
3. In the Flow Design Panel screen, perform any of the following updates:
- Edit the Flow Template Name and/or Flow Template Description fields.
- Add a step or a legacy workflow to the template.
- Delete a step by clicking its icon, selecting Delete in the menu, and clicking Yes in the Remove Item prompt.
- Add a stage by clicking Add Stage in the toolbar, or delete a stage by clicking its icon.
- Rename a stage by clicking the stage to select it, and then clicking Rename Stage in the toolbar.
- Change the order of stages in a flow by clicking on the tab for any stage name, and then dragging and dropping the tab horizontally to the left or right.
The order of stages can also be changed by clicking the End Stage step's and selecting Edit Properties in the menu. In the End Stage properties window, click the Next Stage tab, and make a selection in the Go To Stage list.
- Change the connections between steps:
- Remove the line connecting two steps by clicking it.
- Move a line by clicking it, and then dragging and dropping it from the top connector of one step to the top connector of another step.
- Connect two steps by clicking in the bottom connector of the first step, dragging the cursor in the direction of the second step, and releasing the cursor on the top connector of the second step.
- Edit the properties of a step by clicking its icon, and selecting Edit Properties in the menu.
- In the Properties window:
- Edit the general information for the step, which includes changing the default name of the step.
- Change the user(s) assigned to complete the step, which can be any user, one or more specific users, or a user who holds one or more functions or contract responsibilities.
- Update the step's configuration, which is specific to the Communication, Complete Workflow, Creation Template, Query Binary Branch, Automatic Notification, Query Branching, and Update steps.
- Edit the restrictions to control the availability of the flow in a Contract, Company, or Project Profile.
- Click Save.
- In the Properties window:
- Apply or edit the filter by clicking Flow Filter in the toolbar.
4. In the Flow Design Panel screen, click:
- Publish Template to save and publish the edits to the flow template.
- Save Flow Template to add the template to the Flow Template Drafts section of the screen if you are not ready to publish the edits.
- In the Template Saved prompt, click Yes to return to the Published Flow Templates screen, or No to remain in the Flow Design Panel screen.
The changes made to the flow template will be applied to future Contract, Company, or Project Profiles that are created/added to Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus). A user with the Flow Admin permission can apply the updated flow to an existing Profile by invalidating the current flow, clicking the Start Flow button in the toolbar, and then selecting the updated flow template in the list of available templates.