You need the Flow Admin permission to apply a filter to a flow template, which you can add before or after publishing it. However, if you add the filter after publishing the template, you must be republish it or the filter will not be applied when the flow is run on new profiles.
A flow template filter can be based on any field(s) in the Contract, Company, or Project Profile, including a default system field and/or any of the additional fields that have been added to the Profile. A filter should be added to a flow template if the same type of filter will be applied to all the steps in a flow, eliminating the need to set the same restrictions for every step. If both step restrictions and a filter are applied to a flow template, the flow runs in new Profiles that meet the criteria defined in the flow steps, as well as the criteria established by the filter. Applying a flow filter restricts the templates that are listed as options when a user with the Flow Admin permission runs a flow on an existing Profile.
When a flow template is published without a filter, Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) automatically runs the flow in all the new Contract, Company, or Project Profiles that meet the criteria (restrictions) collectively defined in the steps comprising the flow.
Although a contract flow template is used in the screen shot below, the steps are the same for adding a filter to a company flow template and a project flow template.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Contract Flow Templates, Company Flow Templates, or Project Flow Templates link in the menu.
3. In the Flow Design Panel screen, click Flow Filter in the toolbar.
4. In the Flow Filter window, set the criteria for the filter using the field, inclusion, and value lists:
- In the field list:
- Click to display the Contract folder, and then display the contents of the folder by clicking .
- Select Contract Group as the field to be used to restrict the Contract Profiles that can run the flow.
- In the inclusion list, select In (equals) to define contract group as the conditional field in the value multi-select list.
If the selection in the field list is a date, the options are Before, On, After, Null, Not Null, and four options that allow you to pinpoint a specific date (After: today minus (x) days, After: today plus (x) days, Before: today minus (x) days, and Before: today plus (x) days). For example, if today is January 1, 2017 and you want to search for contracts that expire prior to January 1, 2018, you would select After: today plus (x) days and enter 364 in the Parameter Value field since there are 365 days in a year. Similarly, if you wanted to search for contracts that expired last year, you would select Before: today minus (x) days and enter 365 in the Parameter Value field. To designate today's date, select After: today minus (x) days and make x =1. To designate tomorrow's date, select Before: today plus (x) days and make x = 2.
- In the value multi-select list, select the Firm Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursement contract groups.
- (Optional) Select additional contract groups to expand the application of the flow.
- (Optional) Click to further limit the application of the flow, or click to expand its application. To remove a restriction, click its icon.
If the selection you make in the field list is a date or number, the value multi-select list becomes a value field you will be required to enter a date or number.
5. Click Save.
6. In the Flow Design Panel screen, click:
- Publish Template to save and publish (activate) the flow template with the filter.
- Save Flow Template to add the template to the Flow Template Drafts section of the screen if you are not ready to activate it the filter.