A user with the Request Admin permission can designate a contract request type template as Self Service if the request to create this type of contract does not need to be approved. The request type template can be linked to a creation template so that the Self Service request not only generates a Contract Profile, but also a contract document that was created using your company's standard contract.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Contract Request Types link in the menu.
3. In the Request Type Bundle Edit screen, click a tab to the right of the Bundle Configuration tab for the request type form you want to make self-service.
- The name of the tab will vary since it reflects the name the Request Admin provided in the Request Name field when designing the request form.
4. When the screen refreshes, click the Self Service tab.
5. Select the Self Service check box.
6. When the screen refreshes, populate the required fields. Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) will automatically approve the contract request and create a Contract Profile using the information provided.
7. (Optional) Make a selection in the Creation Template list to ensure the user making the contract request uses one of your company's standard contracts. When the request is automatically approved, a contract document is created using the template, and stored in the newly-created Contract Profile.
8. (Optional) Select the Stop Processing When New Company? check box to prevent users from creating a self-service contract for a new company.
9. (Optional) Select the Stop Processing When Company Is Inactive? check box to to prevent users from creating a self-service contract for an existing company with an Inactive status.
10. (Optional) Make a selection in the Currency Type field.
11. Click the Bundle Configuration tab.
12. Click Save.
Other tasks related to a contract request type are adding restrictions to control when the template is available to a user making a contract request, linking the template to an existing additional form to capture additional information, adding forms to the template for contracts that contain multiple document type, as well as reorder the sequencing of the forms, and writing a profile rule to control the display of fields, request forms, and additional forms when a user makes a contract request using the template.