Profile Rules are used to control the population or availability of one field, based on the way in which a user populates another field in a Company, Contract, or Project Profile screen. The linked fields can be two system (default) fields, two additional fields that Administrators have added to the default profile, or one field can be an additional field and the other can be a system field.
Administrators can add as many profile rules as needed to ensure users capture accurate and appropriate information for the Company, Contract, and Project Profiles stored in Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus).
In writing a profile rule that includes the Status field in the Contract Profile, you must ensure that the Status Type for the contract status you are using in the rule is set to Active in the List Administration screen. Otherwise, the profile rule will not be applied to Contract Profiles, even though the value in their Status field matches the condition for this field, as defined by the profile rule.
The example below provides the steps in adding a profile rule for a system (default) field in a Contract Profile, but the procedure is the same for adding a profile rule to a Company Profile or a Project Profile.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Profile Rules link.
2. In the Profile Rules Admin screen, locate the Profile Type: Profile category, and click the Contract Profile (or Company Profile or Project Profile) record.
3. In the Profile Rules Edit screen, click Add Rule to display a blank rule record.
- Populate the Rule Name and Rule Description fields.
4. (Optional) In the Conditions section, click Add Condition to display three fields used to define a condition for the rule.
- Field - select a field to define the rule.
- Operation - select the appropriate option:
- In to specify a value or text
- Not In to exclude a value or text
- Null to identify an unpopulated field
- Not Null to identify a field populated with any data
- Value - make a selection in the list to complete the condition.
- If the Value component is a field rather than a list, enter text or a number in the field. If it is a multi-select list, click on additional items to define all the items that will be affected by the rule.
A single profile rule can contain multiple conditions and multiple actions for a condition.
5. In the Actions section, click Add Action to display three fields used to define the system action that you want to occur if the user meets the condition(s) of the rule.
- Action Type - make a selection in the list to identify the system action.
- Field - select the field for the action specified in the Action Type list.
- Value - enter text or a value to define the parameter for the action if the field is enabled.
- The field is enabled only if you select Default Value, Force Value, or Calculate Field in the Action Type list.
- The field is disabled for the other system actions: Enable/Disable Field, Require/Unrequire Field, and Hide/Unhide Field.
To define the notice period for a contract with a Fixed - Manual Inactive term type, select Term Type in the Field list, In in the Operation list, and Fixed - Manual Inactivate in the Value list in the Conditions section. In the Actions section, select Force Value in the Action list, Notice Period in the Field list, and enter 60 in the Value field.
6. Click Save.