A user with the List Admin permission can edit a document type by changing its name or description, linking it to a different document group, changing its retention period and role security, and employing clause management. A List Admin can also disable a document type so that it is temporarily removed as an option when a user adds a document, or permanently delete it if it is no longer needed.1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Lists link in the menu.
2. In the List Administration screen, enter document in the Search field and press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
3. When the results display in the Fields List section, locate the Document (2 Items) category.
4. In the Document category, click the Document Type Group list to display the existing list items in right side of the screen.
If the list is lengthy, click Excel in the toolbar to download a spreadsheet showing the existing list items before adding a new one.
5. Locate the list item you want to edit, and perform any of the following edits:
- Click in the Name field and type over the existing text to change its name.
- Change the selection in the Group list to associate the document type with a different document group.
- Click in the Description field and type over the existing text to edit the information that displays when a user hovers over the list item.
- Click in the Retention Period field and enter/edit the number of months the document type will be retained in the system after the status of the Contract Profile is changed to an Inactive status.
- Click or clear the Analyze Clauses check box to apply or disable the Clause Identification and Management feature when a user uploads a document of this type to a Contract Profile.
- Click or clear the Role Security check box to apply or remove security from this document type using role-based security.
- Add another item selection to the document type list.
6. Locate the list item you want to disable, and click its Disabled check box.
- Clear the check box to display the list item in the Document Type list when adding a document.
7. Locate the list item you want to delete, and click its icon.
- Click Yes in the Remove List Item confirmation prompt.