The Roles feature is a security measure that controls individual user access to Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) program features, as well as access to the data stored in the program. Access to data can be restricted on the basis of the group to which the Company, Contract, and Project Profile is assigned. Within each group, a second level of security can be applied by limiting data access to Read Only (viewing) for certain groups, while allowing full access (ability to add and edit data, and access/upload documents) to other groups.
Roles are used in creating individual User Profiles, and therefore, at least one user role must be created before users are added to Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus).
Users with the Role Admin permission create the roles that are assigned to both Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) users and Administrators. Role Administrators can create a multitude of roles with varying permissions and/or restrictions, all of which typically fall into one of three major categories:
- Role has a singular default permission and the name of the role reflects that permission.
- For example, a Contract Administrator role is created and is assigned the Contract Admin default permission. Security for the role can be applied on three levels: (1) controlling user access to the company, contract, and project groups to which individual Company, Contract, and Project Profiles are assigned, as well as access to the individual additional forms and document types that have been identified as requiring security (2) controlling the level of access by granting/denying users the ability to view, create, and modify data in each Company, Contract, and Project group, additional form, and document type, and (3) controlling the ability to view and/or upload documents for each each Company, Contract, and Project group.
- Role has more than one default permission and the name of the role encompasses the permissions.
- For example, a Full Administrator role is created and is assigned all the default permissions, except Restrict to My Contracts. Security is applied on three levels, as described above.
- Role has no default permissions and the name of the role reflects access to company, contract, and project data.
- For example, a Power User role is created and assigned Full permissions to all the Company, Contract, and Project groups, as well as full access to any restricted additional forms and document types. No security is applied to this user role with respect to data and stored documents; however, the user does not have any administrative capabilities or access to the program features that can be restricted: Reporting, Advanced Reporting, Scheduled Reporting, Analytics, Scorecard Viewing, Direct Editing, Requestor for contract requests, and being an Approver for contract requests.
Role Administrators can perform the following tasks associated with user roles:
It is recommended that the Role Administrator review User Roles and Permissions before adding a user role.