A flow step that needs to be approved may require the approval of a specific user, a user who holds one or more functions in Conga Contracts, or any program user. If the step is approved, the flow continues to the next step. If the step is declined, the flow returns to a previous step or is halted. Based on the reason(s) the user provides for declining the step, adjustments can be made, allowing the step to be resubmitted for approval.
In the email message sent from Conga Contracts Flow:
1. (Optional) Review additional information before completing the step using the Go To Contract, Go To Company, or Go To Project link.
2. Click the or link.
- If you select the Approve link, a reply email message displays with Approve Flow Step as the subject, and Approved in the body of the email message. Click Send.
- (Optional) Add notes on approving the step to the body of the email message by positioning your cursor under the word "Approved" and entering your text. Do not remove the word "Approved" from the message or the email will not be sent successfully, and the step will not be approved.
- If you select the Decline link, a reply email message displays with Decline Flow Step as the subject, and Declined in the body of the email message. Click Send.
- (Optional) Add your reason(s) for declining to approve the step to the body of the email message by positioning your cursor under the word "Declined" and entering your text. Do not remove the word "Declined" from the message or the email will not be sent successfully, and the step will not be declined.
From the Active Workflow Items portlet in your Dashboard:
1. Click the My Flow Steps tab, and locate the step that needs approval.
2. Click on the step to display the Profile screen for the flow.
3. Follow Step 3 in Contract, Company, or Project Profile below.
Contract, Company, or Project Profile
2. (Optional) Review the completed steps:
- Action step is displayed in grayed out text.
- Approval step is displayed as Approval when it has been approved, and Approval when it has been declined.
- Hover over the icon to display notes provided by the user who completed the step.
- Hover over the icon to display a description of the approval step.
If no steps are displayed, click on the Stage header, which is a toggle bar to hide/display the steps in the stage.
3. Click the appropriate button(s) to complete the step:
- - provide notes on completing a step prior to completing it by selecting one of the following.
- - approves a step that requires authorization to complete.
- - declines a step that requires authorization to complete.
- - skips the step.
- - displays the Address Book and allows the step to be reassigned to another user.