There are two ways to locate a document and display its Document Profile:
- Search for the document using the Elastic Search.
- Search for the document in the Documents screen in a Company, Contract, or Project Profile.
An elastic search will locate a document using the name of the document or a keyword/phrase that is stored in the Document Profile. The search will also locate text or values contained in a document file that has been uploaded to the Profile using OCR (Optical Character Recognition). An elastic search will return results for documents stored in Company, Contract, and Project Profiles.
1. Select Document in the elastic search list in the Navigation Toolbar.
This list does not display if you are running a classic document search. A classic document search is run by clicking Search in the Navigation Toolbar, and selecting the Document Search link in the menu.
2. Enter all or part of the document name, or other identifier, in the Search field, and press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
- Enter a leading asterisk (*) if the search criteria is NOT the leading characters of the document name, or other identifier.
3. In the Results screen, locate the document, and click on its Document link to display the Company, Contract, or Project Profile that houses the document.
To download a copy of the document, click the Actions , and click Download.
4. When the screen refreshes, scroll to the Links section at the bottom of the screen to view the Document Profile.
2. In the Links section, located at the bottom of the screen, click the Documents link.
3. In the Documents screen, enter the name of the document, or other identifier, in the Search field, and press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
- If the document list is not lengthy, locate a document by scrolling through the list or using the navigation icons.
The document fields that can be searched are Document Type, Document Type Group, File Name, File Type, Author, and Description. Use the Search filter to limit the fields that are searched by clicking to display a list of fields. Select only the check box(es) for the field(s) you want to search to guarantee accurate results.
4. Click on a document record to display its Document Profile.