If the address you want to add to a contract was not captured as a location in the Company Profile, you can add the location to the Company Profile and then associate the address to the contract in the Contract Profile. Alternatively, you can perform both functions from the Contract Profile by adding the new company location, and then adding the location as the contract address. However, adding a new company location from the Contract Profile will not add the location to the Company Profile.
1. Open the Contract Profile for the contract that needs an address.
2. In the Links section of the Contract Profile, click the Addresses link.
4. When the screen refreshes, click New Company Location in the toolbar.
5. When the screen refreshes:
- Enter a descriptive name for the location in the Location Name field.
If you need help populating a field, mouse-over its icon to display a quick tip with helpful information or instructions.
- (Optional) Make a selection in the Location Type list.
- (Optional) Populate the physical address fields and make a selection in the Country list.
- (Optional) Populate the Phone Number and Fax Number fields.
In entering a phone number, enter the area code, followed by the phone number, such as 407-555-3770 or (407) 555-3770. To enter an extension, enter an "x" followed by the extension number, such as 407-555-3770 x47. If you incorrectly enter a phone number, the Phone Number Entry window displays to assist you.
- Click Save.
6. When the Addresses screen redisplays, click Edit Addresses in the toolbar.
7. When the screen refreshes, click Show Company Locations in the toolbar.
8. In the Company Locations section of the screen, click the icon for the company location you just added.
9. When the location record is added to the Contract Addresses section of the screen:
- Click in the Address Type field to enable it, and select the type of contract address you are adding.
- (Optional) Add information for the contract address by clicking inside any of the other blank fields, and typing in the data.
- Add additional fields by hovering over a column heading until the icon displays, and clicking on it to open the Sort/Column menu. Click Columns to display a list of available fields, and click in the check box to the left of a field to add it to the address record.
- Click Save in the toolbar.